The Automation manager is a list of all automations, both Process and Journey, that are active, pending, stopped, paused, scheduled, or completed. From the Automation manager, you can create and edit automations.
- Create New Automation Workflow allows you to enter the name of the automation.
- Select Content Type allows you pick the type of automation, either Process or Journey, from the drop down.
- A Quick Filter based on Automation Type enables you to filter on all automations, only Process automations, or only Journey automations.
- Filter Options allows you to sort the automation in the manager, filter by name, date, or type, or search for automations.
- The name of the automation and the user who created it.
- The Scheduled Filed is the schedule type of the automation. For recurring process automations, the recurrence schedule will be populated. For journey automations, the entry event for the automation will be populated.
- The Last Activity Field displays when the automation is scheduled to run next. When an automation is scheduled, either as a one-time run or a recurring schedule, the date and time will be populated. If an automation is run immediately, then no schedule is displayed. The current status of the automation will also be populated. An automation has the following statuses:
- Draft: An automation that has been created but not yet activated will have a status of Draft. Any automation that is not activated and is run immediately will also have a status of Draft even though it may have completed.
- Active: An automation that is actively scheduled as either a one-time run or a recurring schedule.
- Paused: Applies to automations with recurring schedules. When an automation is paused, no future occurrence of the schedule will run until the status is changed to Active.
- Stop: The process automation is considered stopped and will not run any of the next scheduled runs until the status is changed to Active. For all one-time run automations, the status will be changed to Stop upon run completion.
Automation Status for the Last Run displays the date and time of the last run, along with the status. Below are the available status values. For Journey Automations, you will also see a count of contacts that are In Journey, Exited, or Ejected.
- Completed: The automation completed successfully
- Error: There was an error with the automation. The error details can be found in the Run Log for the automation.
- Stopped: The automation was stopped while it was running.
- Running: The automation is currently running and the status will update upon completion.
- None: The automation is currently scheduled and has not yet run.
- Actions drop down provides actions that can be taken on a specific automation
- Edit Process/Journey Automation allows you to edit the automation.
- Run Immediately allows you to run the automation immediately. This is only available on Process Automations.
- Schedule will take you to the Schedule page of a Process Automation to either schedule or edit the schedule for the automation.
- Duplicate allows you to duplicate the automation.
- View Activity Log will bring you to the activity log for the automation.
- Move allows you to move the automation into different folders.
- Delete allows you to delete the automation.
- Eject All Contacts allows you to eject all contacts from a Journey automation.