The Dynamic Content feature in iPost allows you to dynamically change entire sections of content within your email in order to make it more relevant and appealing to subscribers.
Dynamic content is content displayed in an email according to rules you define based on a contact’s list attributes, data table field values, or email behaviors. Different content will be displayed depending on how they match the dynamic content rules. Use dynamic content to send relevant messages to your audience and increase the chance they will click-through.
Before you begin, you must create Snippets to display based on the dynamic content rules.
Creating Dynamic Content
Create Dynamic Content for use in your emails.
- Click Dynamic Content under the Content in the Email folder.
- Enter the name of your dynamic content in the Create New Dynamic Content field.
- Click Create.
This takes you to the Properties step within the Dynamic Content Editor.
- Fill in the Properties fields.
- Click Continue.
This takes you to the Dynamic Content Editor.
- In the Select Default Content field, select the snippet that appears if a contact’s information does not match any of the dynamic content rules.
- In the panel to the left, choose data from the System data tables drop-down menu. You can also select Custom Data Tables to use field values to define the rules. Drag and drop fields from these tables into the dynamic content editor and define the criteria.
- For each rule, select the snippet that appears if the subscriber information satisfies the dynamic content rule in the Display Content field.
- Click Add Rule to attach additional rules.
- Click Save when you have finished creating your dynamic content rules.
The table below lists the Dynamic Content configuration properties with their descriptions.
|Name||The name of your dynamic content. The name is what you and other users see in your dynamic content folder. This field is required.
|Description||Notes explaining the nature of the dynamic content.
|Folder Location||This field shows the folder in which the dynamic content is stored. To change the folder the dynamic content is stored in, click the Select Folder button and choose a different folder.
The Attribute section is where you would locate database fields to be used when building your dynamic content. The data fields available include a predefined set of system tables, as well as, any custom data table within your account.
System Data Tables
Drag and drop database demographics or behavioral data into the dynamic content editor and define your criteria.
|Demographics||This is a system table that provides any data fields that are part of the All Contacts list. The primary field used within demographics is Email Address. If primarily using data tables, these fields may not apply.
|Behaviors||Consist of several different System Tables that allow you to create dynamic content rules based on your contacts actions.
|Membership||Allows you to filter on if a contact exists in a specific list.|
|Other||Allows you to filter on Domains.
Custom Data Tables
Selecting Custom Data Tables allows you to select one or more custom data tables to be used in the dynamic content criteria.