Static Lists consist only of contacts you have accrued up until the point when you create the list, and they remain unchanged unless new contacts are manually added or existing contacts are removed.
- Navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Enter your list name in the Create New List text area.
- Select Static List for the content type and click Create.
- Fill in the Properties details.
- Click Continue.
This takes you to the Member List view.
The table below lists the Static List configuration properties with their descriptions.
|This is the name of the Static List. This field is required.
|This field allows you to add additional details about the list. This field is optional.
|This field shows the list folder in which the file is stored. A different folder can be selected by clicking on the magnifying glass.
|This allows you to decide if you want the list to appear on the iPost subscription form.
The Members List is where you can access the contacts associated with the list as well as different list functionality. On this page, you will see the contacts and any attributes associated with the contact. To see details on a specific contact, click on the email address for the contact and it will open a new window with that contact’s information.
- On the Member Information tab, you can edit any of the attribute information for that contact.
- On the List Membership tab, you can see all the lists associated with the contact. You also have the option to add the contact to a new list, remove the contact from a current list, or to change the list membership status.
- On the Custom Table Membership tab, you can see any data table associated with the contact.
- On the History tab, you can see the email history for the contact. The email history consists of emails that have been sent to the contact and any other previous actions.
List – Stats provide contact metrics for the specific list.
- Active is the total number of contacts that are available to be sent to.
- Bounces is the total number of contacts that have bounced.
- Unsubscribes is the total number of contacts that have opt-out globally and from the specific list.
- Complaints is the total number of contacts that a complaint has been received from.
Within a static list, there are various functions available to you that will allow you to manipulate the data within the list. These functions are icons located on the left hand side above the contact information.
Upload allows you to import an outside list. The uploaded file must be a .CSV file and the file size must not exceed 50MB. To upload an outside list, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Upload icon.
- Click within the File Name field to browse for the list that will be uploaded.
- Select the Delimiter of the data file that will be imported.
- Select the Members Operation
- Overwrite existing members will replace the current list membership with the contacts in the data file.
- Only update existing members will only update contacts in the list membership that are also found in the data file. New contacts will be rejected.
- Add only new members will only add new contacts found in the data file that current are not part of the list membership.
- Add new & update existing members will update contacts currently in the list membership and add any new contacts to the list membership. This is the default behavior for list imports.
- If you would like to receive an import summary, check the box next to Send a Data Upload Summary Report and enter your email address in the email box.
- Click the Upload button.
- On the Map Member page, map the fields from the outside list to the available attributes. If you do not want to import a specific field, then select the Ignore This Column option. The only required field for an upload is the email address field. Once the mapping is complete, click Finish Upload.
Add Members allows you to add members by typing or copying in email addresses. To add members, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Add Members icon.
- On the Manually Add Members page, enter up to 20 email addresses in the text box. Each email address must be on its own line.
- Once finished, click the Upload button.
Split allows you to split a current list into multiple lists. To split a list, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Split icon.
- On the Split List page, select the number of branches you would like the list to be split. The default number of branches is 2 .
- Select the methodology you would like to use in order to divide the contacts into the new branches.
- Numbers allows you to split the list by a specific quantity per branch.
- Percentage allows you to split the list by a percentage per branch.
- In order to distribute the contacts into the new branches, slide the blue circle for each branch until the correct quantity or percentage is reached.
- Select if you would like to remove the contacts from the current list after splitting the list.
- Select if you would like carry over the list level opt-in/out status to the split lists.
- Enter the naming convention for the new list names if you have a specific naming convention. This field is optional and if nothing is entered, the default naming convention uses the name of the current list and appends an A, B, C, etc. and a date/time stamp to denote the splits.
Merge allows a user to merge multiple lists together to create a new list. To merge lists, please follow the steps below.
- On the Merge Lists page, select the lists that are to merge by clicking in the Select Source lists box. This will allow you to search for the lists to be merged. To select a list, click on the name of the list.
- Once your lists are selected, click Select.
- Select if you want to remove the contacts from the selected lists upon the merge. The default option is no.
- Click the Merge button.
Deduplicate allows you to remove duplicated email addresses from multiple lists. To deduplicate lists, please follow the steps below.
- On the Deduplicate Lists page, select the lists you would like to deduplicate by clicking in the Select Filter Lists box.
- Once the lists are selected, click on Select.
- Chose what you want to do with the duplicate email addresses after the deduplication is finished
- Selecting No will not save the duplicate email addresses.
- Enter the name of a new list if you want the duplicated email addresses in a new list.
- Select a current list if you would like the duplicated email addresses to be added to a current list.
- Click on Deduplicate.
Export allows you to export the current list. To export a list, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Export icon.
- On the Export Listpage, select the export type.
- Download List and Contact Data will download all contacts in your list regardless of bounce status.
- Download Bounced Contacts will only download those contacts with a bounce status.
- Choose if you would like to include opted out contacts in your export. By default, this option is checked.
- Select any additional attributes you would like exported with the contact email addresses.
- Select if you would like any Subscription Status field exported.
- Select any Subscription Topics you would like exported.
- Select the File Options.
- Including column headers as the first line will output a header on the exported file.
- TSV file format will export the file as a tab separated delimiter which will open in excel for an easier visual review of the file.
- CSV file format will export the file with a comma separated delimiter which will open in a .txt file.
- Pipe delimited file will export the file with a pipe delimiter.
- Custom delimiter allows you to assign the delimiter for the export file.
- Click Export after your selections are completed.
- The Send a Data Export Summary Report To field will default with your email address. This can be change to another email address if needed.
- Click Done to finish the list export.
Once the export is available, you will receive an email with with the name of the list and folder that it housed in on your FTP site.
Clean allows you to remove contacts from a list. Once removed from a list, they will no longer be present on the list. However, the contact will still be included in the All Contacts and any other lists that they exist in. To clean a list, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Clean icon.
- Select which contacts you would like removed from the list.
- Selecting Remove all addresses from the list will empty the list completely of all contacts.
- Selecting Purging all the opt-outs from this list will remove any contact with a global status of opt-out from the list.
- Click on the Clean button.
- The UI will confirm the contacts to be removed.
- Click on Empty to remove the contacts.
Search allows you to search for a contact. To search for a contact, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Search icon.
- On the Search Members page, select the attributes you would like to search. This field is populated with Email Address by default.
- Enter the text you would like to search.
- Search for changed addresses allows you to search on those addresses that have recently been changed via the native subscription center.
- Perform fuzzy matching allows you to search on a partial value contained within a field.
- Search through all contacts will perform the search on all contacts that reside on a list, including the All Contacts list, within your account.
- Click on Search to complete your search.
Once your search is completed, the results of the search will appear on the Search Members list. To view the details for a specific contact, click on the contact’s email address.