Web Tracking allows you to track contact behavior on a configured website and have that behavior captured and reported on in iPost. Our Web Tracking functionality allows you to to track Conversions and Page visits, but it can also be used to create a Funnel that injects contacts into a Journey.
How It Works
Web Tracking Manager
- Add New Website allows you to add a website that you will be adding the tracking script to.
- Websites is a list of websites that have been added to your account
- Date Time Created is the date and time that the website was added to your account.
- Last Script Published date is the date for when the tracking script was last published
- Status is the status of the website. Values are Draft and Published.
- Page Tracking allows you to turn on page tracking for the site. This will be disabled if Page Tracking is not enabled in your account
- State indicates if a website is active. The values are active and paused.
- Web Tracking help provides information on the manager and configuring the functioning
- The Actions menu allows you to edit, delete, or republish the tracking script from the manager.
Configuring Web Tracking
To configure a Website, please follow these steps:
- Click the Add New Website button
- Enter the website in the Website Name field
- Click Save
- If tracking across domains, click the Cross Domain box
- Click Publish
Publishing your website will generate the web tracking script that will be placed on your site. The script will generate in the Script Loader section of the Script Builder page.
Copy the Script Loader content and add it to your website code (before the end of the </body> tag). Make sure to include the script in all the pages of your website from where you want to track data.
To add the Web Tracking script to your website using the Google Tag Manager, follow these steps.
1. In the GTM Workspace, click on Add a new tag
2. Open the Tag Configuration and select the Custom HTML tag type
3. In the HTML editor, paste in the iPost Web Tracking script
4. Next select All Pages as the trigger for this Tag
5. Save the Tag, Submit, and Publish the changes